Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Very Convenient Truthiness available online

I finally posted my screenplay A Very Convenient Truthiness on the Trigger Street Labs website.  The process took a while.  After signing up, I needed to review four assigned screenplays before I was able to post mine.  After posting a review of the screenplay, I needed to pass a test to assure that I had read the whole screenplay. I was also able to review other people's reviews and I appreciated reading their perspective on the script.  My favorite script was Lessons from Grandpa   by Jeff Weber.  A Grandpa teaches his grandson to live life the right way. 

I have now received several reviews of the script and it will need a rewrite.  The comments focused on the need to use active voice when describing an action scene.   In addition, they made suggestions on punching up the dialogue, showing more then telling and suggestions about deleting scenes or adding additional characters. 

Getting critical reviews on a project wasn't easy and I needed to wait a day after reading them to allow the natural defensiveness to subside.  I realize that honest criticism is a gift that someone else is giving me and I need to use it to make the script better. I have gained wisdom from their experience and the diversity of their opinions.  I am 1/4 of the way through the rewrite.

Special thanks to K. Gore and M. Krinke for their proofreading and helpful comments on the original version.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment